Day 12, the housemates are trying to stay sane!
Here in the UK, we have been in ‘lockdown’ since the 23rd March, we are allowed to leave to exercise once a day and only allowed to leave otherwise for essentials. So getting food from the shops. Most people have now stopped work or are working from home with only those classed as ‘key workers’ still going into work.
This is a difficult time for everyone and my heart goes out for people in complete isolation during this time or those why have been unable to say goodbye to their loved ones. Full-time van dwellers also have it rough, sites are shut and despite them following the ‘stay home’ guidelines they are being to told to move on left right and centre.
Fortunately, I am here with my parents and this will be a time for us all to spend some time together and trying to keep busy!
I have thrown myself to working on the van, It has needed some decent time spent on it for a while and I have been enjoying giving her bodywork some much needed TLC. Follow me on Instagram for updates on my progress! Aside from the van, I enjoy riding bikes and I have the dog to keep me busy also. So I suppose I am in the fortunate position where I feel like I have plenty to fill my time, motivation permitting of course!
During this time its important to stay safe and be sensible, we don’t want to be putting any more pressure on the NHS (shoutout to them for their hard work!).
Here are some ideas on how to keep busy:
- got a vehicle? I LOVE car detailing videos on youtube, they are so satisfying! How about giving your car a major clean!
- DIY. This extended period of time off work could be a blessing for those jobs around the house you never had time to finish! Fix that tap, paint those walls, and mend that cupboard! *disclaimer* this is not the time to be doing anything too dangerous, and ensure you are being ultra-safe with any job you do!
- Sort out your wardrobe! I don’t know about you but I always end up finding a load of old clothes that don’t fit anymore. This is a great time to sort out your room and get it looking spick and span!
- Got a garden? having a green thumb is irrelevant at this time! Get outside and spruce up that yard!
- Learn a new hobby. Into craft? drawing? photography or music? How about challenging yourself to do something you wouldn’t ordinarily have the time for. You can learn a new instrument or attempt to knit that scarf you have always wanted to!
- Exercise. Get out on that bike or use those legs to explore your local area. Just remember to stay safe. There’s also a heap of online fitness challenges and workouts now. maybe it time to give those a try? I personally will be trying to get into yoga again!
- Make your own…you know you can make your own makeup, face mask and a whole host of other things? Now is the perfect time to be being as efficient as possible and with restrictions in shops its the perfect excuse to give making your own a go.
Here is a list of some of my favourite things to give a go:
- homemade natural disinfectant
- hand sanitiser! (its not like you can get it in the shops anymore!)
- body lotion
- Natural lip scrub
- face wipes
I will be sharing and pinning some great recipes for these on my Pinterest account, so make sure you are following biodegradable gypsy on Pinterest!
Maybe this will provide you with some ideas on how to fill your time. How are you spending your lockdown?
Keep busy, get crafty and stay safe!