This was originally was going to be a post about the environmental milestones of the decade. But that didnt happen. Obviously.
It ended up being a difficult post to write, not helped by my end of year blues. There has actually been some environmental achievements, I won’t go into these now. Further delaying the actual topic of this blog post, but I will mention the success around environmental campaigning. Environmental campaigning is growing stronger and stronger. Thousands upon thousands of new people are getting involved with campaigns, making the environmental movement much harder to ignore. Engagement is such a vital component of environmental achievments. So lets keep it up into this new decade! God, thats actually quite a hard thing to say. I feel old.
Moving swiftly on..
Happy new year!!
I don’t strictly do new years resolutions. I am not really into that whole ‘new year new me’
bullshit stuff. But I love a good goal, and lists, I really like lists. So here is my list of stuff to achieve/ start/ try and we will see how I get on with them over this year!
- Blog!! I guess this quite a contradictory one to start one, cause like this is more of a resolution. My bad. But this is a major goal for me, to blog more and create an online presence. So I am going to commit to posting a blog post twice a month. And now I have put this out there, I have no excuses! And you all can now call me out if this doesnt happen.
- Improve storage in van. So the van is kind of like a never ending task, but I do like it that way. I like that its very ‘Hannah tries DIY’ and its all simple and so it’s something I can continue to work on and improve. Theres a few Ideas I have for it but the main thing I want to do this year is change up the kitchen storage, making a much neater and more accessible storage solution.
- Get more tattoos! For those that dont know I only have one tattoo at the top of my back. I got it years ago to commemorate my time travelling in Borneo back in 2014. – Wow! that seems like an awful long time ago! Anyway. Ever since then I have wanted more and it always ends up not happening, despite me having the next couple all planned out for years now! So lets make 2020 the year of tattoos! Eeek! this excites me!
- Do a handstand. Just because I want to be able to do a handstand properly.
- Go to bike park Wales. So I really like riding my mountain bike, I have my boyfriend to thank for getting me involved in this hobby. I am now quite firmly involved in this scene and I am now hitting more technical stuff and LOVING IT. So this year I generally want to ride more but I also really want to get to bike park wales. It seriosly looks like a epic place.
- Catch up with my friends more. I have now acculumalted a few close friends but in various parts of the country. I like exploring and adventures but I also need to remember to have proper in person catch ups. This is a reminder to always remember to do this.
- Go skiing. So in March I am going on my first ever skiing holiday in France. BUZZING!!! But I havnt skiied in like forever and a day and I really dont want to be the worse one there! So lets get in some practice before I go! This will come around in no time!
- Take more photos. I have a really nice DSLR camera which I love to use. I want to continue to improve my photo taking skills and so this is kind of a reminder to always take my camera! You only get better by doing!
- Make sure the Van Passes its MOT. I just really need a van in my life.
- Do 50 push-ups. So I am pretty poor at push-ups, Like I can do them, or like I can do a few but lets try and do 50.
- Zero Waste Goals. I am not zero waste but I do try to always reduce waste and especially plastic where I can. But I want to continue reducing waste and do more in this area.
- Read more. Seriously I have books waiting to be read. It’s time.
- Van road trip. We went on some awesome road trips in 2019, and I totally want more!
- Get a Job! So I graduated from my masters in November and ever since I have tried so hard to get a paid job in what I want to do. But I did not succeed. It’s so damn hard trying to build a career in a competitive field. So hopefully this year is the year I achieve this!
- Bake sourdough bread. I just really like it and have still never done it.
- Paint the outside of the van. I have wanted to do this for a while. I bought it with some motorsport stickers on and I think its finally time to remove them and do something cooler to the outside of it.
- Fix my phone. So I have a Motorola G6 and its had a smashed screen for like ages (damn mountain biking). Recently the battery has started playing up so I think its time to fix it.
- Go down south. I tend to spend all my time in northern England, Scotland or Wales. This year I want to make sure I spend some time down south.
- Get a gravel bike. I still haven’t managed to get on the gravel bike hype. I have wanted to for a while now, theres lots of awesome places waiting for a cool gravel ride. Plus I really want to do some bike packing. Lets hope I manage to succeed in getting one this year.
- Brush my hair...I haven’t brushed it yet in 2020 and I think its time..